The Amherst women’s lacrosse team kicked off its 2018 season with a huge wins over NESCAC rival Colby on Saturday and Keene State University on Tuesday. The previously unranked Mammoths upset the No. 9 Mules 13-12 after scoring eight goals in the second half.

The Amherst men’s hockey team, in the midst of a season defined by inconsistency, finally seemed to find some positive momentum this past weekend. Coming away with two huge NESCAC wins, the Mammoths have improved their overall record to 9-7-4 and sit fourth in the NESCAC standings.

“This was an important weekend for us,” junior defender Phil Johansson said. “It feels great to get two wins, and we’re hoping to carry that momentum through the rest of the regular season and into the postseason.”

It was another frustrating week for the Amherst men’s hockey team. After a win over a well-respected non-conference opponent, the Mammoths came away from a weekend of NESCAC play with a tie and a loss.
“It’s always frustrating when you don’t get the results you hope for,” junior Jack Fitzgerald said.“But all we can do is put our heads down, continue to work, and trust that those results will come.”
On Tuesday, Jan. 23 the Mammoths traveled to Wellesley, Mass. to take on nonconference foe Babson College.

It was a big weekend for the Amherst men’s hockey team, as the Mammoths took on conference rivals Wesleyan and Trinity. Both games went into overtime, and Amherst came away from the weekend with two ties and now boasts a record of 2-1-3 overall and 0-0-3 in the NESCAC.

After a disappointing loss in the NESCAC quarterfinals, the Amherst men’s soccer team has seized upon the opportunity to redeem itself in the NCAA tournament.

With wins over both Salem State University and Springfield College this weekend, the Mammoths advanced to the Sweet Sixteen for the eighth consecutive season.

On Saturday, a late goal from Fikayo Ajayi ’19 allowed Amherst to secure a 2-1 victory over Salem State.

Last week was undoubtedly disappointing for the Amherst men’s soccer team. After ending their regular season with a 2-1 win over Trinity, the Mammoths fell to Hamilton on Saturday in the NESCAC quarterfinals. As the No. 2 seed in the tournament, Amherst was heavily favored in Saturday’s contest. Now the Continentals will advance to next weekend’s semifinal match at Tufts University, where they will face the top seeded Jumbos.

The Amherst men’s soccer team put in a pair of impressive performance this weekend, as the Mammoths took on two of the top 10 programs in the nation. On Saturday, Amherst upset NESCAC rival Tufts 1-0. Gathering momentum from that victory, the Mammoths eked out another impressive win on Sunday against No. 9 Rutgers University-Newark. Amherst is now 2-1-1 in conference play and 4-1-1 overall.

Pages