The Amherst women’s basketball team clinched its third consecutive NESCAC tournament championship this weekend, after crushing Wesleyan on Saturday and ekeing out a title game victory over Tufts the following afternoon.

The win over Tufts doubled as Amherst’s 60th consecutive win over the past two seasons, while senior Hannah Hackley tallied her 1000th career point in an 11-point effort against the Cardinals.

The Amherst College men’s tennis team went 2-1 this week, taking down Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) on Friday before winning and losing against Springfield College and Wesleyan, respectively, during their double header on Sunday.

The No. 14 purple and white started the week with a home win against MIT (7-4), beating the Beavers 6-3 in Friday’s non-conference matchup.

The Amherst men’s tennis team demonstrated its strength this week with a midweek win against Skidmore College and then a victory over NESCAC rival Bates on Saturday to move to 12-4 overall. However, Amherst was defeated by No. 2 Bowdoin the next day to finish the week with a devastating 9-0 loss.

Amherst began the week with a win, taking down Skidmore with a score of 6-3 to move to 11-4 overall.

The journey for a national championship ended for the No.4 Amherst College women’s basketball team, who fell short to the No.1 ranked Thomas More last Saturday in a heartbreaking battle at the Capital Center in Columbus, Ohio.

The men’s lacrosse team survived a chaotic fourth quarter to clinch a 10-7 victory over Bowdoin last Saturday. The fourth-ranked purple and white faced off in their first game of the season with a veteran lineup that just came off an unprecedented 18-3 season. In 2015, Amherst dismantled Bowdoin 20-4 as they climbed their way to the top of the NESCAC.