Women’s Golf Places Fourth at Williams Invitational
Amherst Athletics
Senior captain Katherine Britt wrapped up her final season on Sunday.

In their final meet of the regular season the Amherst College women’s golf team combined for a score of 654 to earn fourth place at the Williams College Spring Invitational.

Host Williams took the top two spots as their “A” squad earned a two-day score of 618 and their “B” squad took the runners-up spot with a 640 two day total. Fellow NESCAC competitor Middlebury took third place, finishing 11 strokes ahead of Amherst. Rounding out the field were Holy Cross, coming in fifth with a score of 746 and Westfield State, posting a team mark of 781.

“I think we had one of our best showings of the season this weekend,” Sarah Ressler ’16 said. “While there is still a lot of room to improve, we showed what we are capable of doing.”

Jamie Gracie ’17 again continued her dominance for the Jeffs. She tied for fifth overall with a combined score of 156, consisting of a round of 77 on day one and a 79 round on day two.

Gracie now waits to hear whether she will be chosen to compete at the women’s golf nationals. Decisions will be announced on Monday, May 4.

Junior Devyn Gardner came in second for Amherst, posting an 82 on Saturday and following it up with an 83 on Sunday.
First-year Zoe Wong finished a mere three stokes behind Gardner, earning a two day total of 168 consisting of an 80 on the first day of play and 88 on the second.

Senior CJ Bernstein placed fourth for the Jeffs, tying for 18th in the field. The captain finished at 172 on the meet, shooting a 87 on day one and improving to 85 on the second day.

Finally, Ressler rounded out the scoring, placing 21st overall with a combined score of 174. She posted a round of 93 on the first day and improved to 81 on day two.

“Overall it was a really nice way to end our season,” Ressler said. “Our captain CJ finished with a 38 on the back after a rough front, so it was a really inspiring performance and seeing her really was a great note to end on. I am extremely proud of my team.”