Aziz Khan was picked last in his fifth versus sixth grade soccer match. “I actually started late,” Khan remembers. “I was not into sports when I was younger. I was more into arts, drawing and painting.” That day, when Khan was picked last, changed his mind.

The Mammoths began their spring break campaign in a NESCAC matchup with Bowdoin. The Mammoths were ranked just ahead of the Polar Bears, who sat at No. 21 in national polls.

Just three minutes into the start of the game, star attacker Julia Crerend ’18 handled a pass from linemate Claire Dunbar ’21, ducked her shoulder past a charging defender and buried a shot past the Bowdoin netminder. The Polar Bears responded quickly, winning and converting a free position shot to tie the score just moments later.

This weekend, the three members of the women’s track team traveled to Portland Maine, to compete in the Maine State Open at The University of Southern Maine.

The event pitted a combination of NESCAC schools, public universities in Maine, and several other northeastern schools.

Amherst’s runners traveled in an attempt to qualify for Indoor Nationals later in the season, as they felt, given another opportunity, they could qualify.

On Monday Nov. 6, around 2:30 p.m., the Amherst men’s soccer team received the wonderful news that they received an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament. Shouts of excitement erupted from the film room in the athletic center, where the Mammoths were watching the NCAA Division III Tournament selection show.

Despite the difficulties the team faced last postseason, Amherst men’s squash looks to put together another strong season. With Head Coach Peter Robson entering his 31st season at the helm of Amherst squash, the team looks to build upon last season’s individual successes.

Junior Harith Khawaja earned All-NESCAC honors, finishing the season with a combined record of 6-13 in regular season play on courts one and two.

After winning last week’s Ann S. Batchelder Invitational, the women’s golf team finished third out of 18 teams in the Mount Holyoke Invitational tournament at the Orchards in South Hadley.

The team completed the two-day event with a total score of 628, just narrowly behind second-place finisher New York University and first-place finisher Williams College.

Playing as an individual, Lily Worden ’21 led the Mammoths after the first day with a score of 76, just 6-over par.

Careening a well-driven ball towards the first hole just as the downpour relented to allow the tournament to begin, Morgan Yurosek ’20 began the season for Amherst women’s golf at the St. Lawrence University Invitational. The Mammoths went on to place third out of 12 teams with a combined score of 624. That score placed them just behind NESCAC rival Middlebury, who finished second, and New York University, who took the top spot with the first- and second-place individual finishers.