Although inclement weather created some difficulties, the Amherst baseball team ended up going 2-1 last week, claiming a series win over archrival Williams.

Before the series against the Ephs, the Mammoths were supposed to take on Mitchell College in a mid-week, non-conference game on Wednesday, April 4.

However, snow flurries kept the two teams from ever taking the field.

This past Saturday, Feb. 24, a three-pointer in the final seconds of the game by Wesleyan’s Nathan Krill crushed the Mammoths’ hopes of advancing to the NESCAC championships and ended Amherst’s season.

After losing to Wesleyan twice in the regular season,, the Mammoths finally appeared like they had the No. 14 Cardinals figured out at the start of the game.

In the first half, Amherst jumped out ahead of the visiting team. The hosts maintained a lead as large as 16 points until the midway point of the first half.

This past Saturday, the top-seeded Amherst men’s basketball narrowly escaped an upset at the hands of the eighth-ranked Bowdoin Polar Bears in the quarterfinals of the NESCAC tournament. Neither team was able to build a substantial lead on the court, and there were 16 lead changes in the 40 minutes of action.

This past weekend, the Amherst men’s basketball team concluded its roller-coaster ride of a regular season with a pair of wins to clinch a thoroughly unexpected NESCAC regular season title.

On Friday, Feb. 9, the Mammoths returned home to LeFrak Gymnasium to take on archrival Williams, knowing that any hopes for regular season accolades required a win.

Over interterm, the Amherst men’s basketball team took to the court in eight contests, finishing with a record of 3-5 over the break.

After a two-week reprieve from game play following the end of finals period, the Mammoths were back in action. Escaping the frigid temperatures in Amherst, the team traveled to Florida to take on Southeastern University. Southeastern dealt the visiting Mammoths just their second loss of the season, winning 76-65.

This past Saturday, Nov. 4, Williams quashed any hopes the Amherst women’s soccer team had of returning to the NESCAC championship game this year. After a big upset over the second-ranked Conn. College Camels in the tournament quarterfinals, the Mammoths were looking to beat the odds once again and top perennial powerhouse Williams in the semifinals. Despite a valiant effort from Amherst in the first 45 minutes of the game, an offensively dominant second half by the Ephs propelled the favorites to a comfortable 4-2 victory.

It was an eventful week for the Amherst women’s soccer team, which played its final game of the regular season and competed in the first round of the NESCAC tournament. The Mammoths had been scheduled to close out the regular season with a mid-week match up against Trinity on Tuesday, Oct. 24. However, rainy weather prevented the teams from taking the field on the scheduled date and the game was postponed to Wednesday.

Pages