Amherst continued to dominate the NESCAC conference these past two weeks, taking down Hamilton in a blowout 25-5 victory last weekend, then racing past the Panthers of Middlebury in a big win this past Saturday. The Mammoths are now 4-0 in league play, and 8-1 overall.

Last Saturday, the Hamilton Continentals stepped on Pratt Field expecting a standard NESCAC contest: a close, competitive matchup. Nothing could have been further from the outcome.

The Amherst women’s basketball team is heading to its 11th straight NESCAC semifinal after a win over Trinity this past weekend that brought the Mammoths’ overall record to 25-0.
The top-seeded Mammoths demolished the eighth-seeded Bantams in a 56-34 victory, that showcased Amherst’s versatility and complete confidence heading into the second round of the tournament.

The Amherst women’s basketball team took down Bowdoin last Saturday to advance to the final round of the NESCAC tournament. They then beat No. 1-seeded Tufts in a 50-49 win to claim the NESCAC championship title in Medford, Massachusetts.

The Amherst women’s basketball team had no trouble getting back on track after its devastating first home loss to NESCAC rival Tufts at the end of last week. This week, the purple and white powered past both Middlebury and Hamilton to finish out the regular season with a nearly perfect 23-1 record overall.

Up in Middlebury, Vermont, the squad was able to get off to an early, sizeable lead with help from junior Ali Doswell, who scored a whopping 16 points in the first 20 minutes.

The Amherst women’s basketball team suffered its first home loss in 121 consecutive games this past Saturday afternoon, when talented NESCAC rival Tufts bested the squad.

The Amherst women’s basketball team has continued its win streak through interterm and the start of second semester, tackling some tough non-conference teams as well as six NESCAC opponents. Now with a 20-0 overall record, the women hope to maintain the streak for the duration of the regular season and into an inevitable postseason run.

The purple and white have had little to no trouble putting away games this season. In the last few weeks they have handily beaten teams by 30 and 40 points, demonstrating strength on both the defensive and offensive ends of the court.

The fourth-ranked Amherst College women’s basketball team is now 6-0 following three victories this week. The purple and white first took on Emmanuel College Tuesday night for a 59-48 win, then traveled to Willimantic, Connecticut on Thursday, where they got a narrow win over Eastern Connecticut State, and finally played a blowout victory over Bridgewater State on Saturday.

At LeFrak Gymnasium on Tuesday night, Emmanuel gave the purple and white the best battle they had had so far this season, even taking a 6-0 lead at the beginning of the game.