The Amherst men’s lacrosse team went 2-1 over spring break, taking down Bowdoin and No. 2 Denison University before falling short to Rochester Institute of Technology, the top-ranked team in the nation and beating Endicott Colllege 13-4

The Amherst women’s basketball team clinched their 54th and 55th consecutive wins this past weekend.

First up was a suspenseful victory over Tufts on Friday night, followed by a win against Bates the next day in a game that doubled as the Mammoths’ Senior Day.

Madeline Eck ’20 led all scorers with 20 points in the win over the No. 7 Jumbos and also added six rebounds, two blocks and three assists.

Jackie Nagle ’18, Hannah Hackley ’18 and Emma McCarthy ’19 each added eight points comprising the majority of the Mammoths’ scoring.

This past weekend, the Amherst men’s basketball team returned to the court after a one-week respite from game play. The refreshed Mammoths made the trek to Waterville, Maine on Friday, Jan. 26 looking to improve upon its spot in the NESCAC standings.

The Amherst women’s basketball team put together a dominant run over interterm, setting a new program record winning streak with 50 consecutive wins after defeating rival Williams. The Mammoths then extended this run to 51 wins with another victory this past Saturday against Hamilton.

The Amherst women’s basketball team improved to a perfect 6-0 record after going undefeated in two tries this week, topping Eastern Connecticut State University (ECSU) in an away matchup on Thursday before turning around and routing Farmingdale State University on Saturday.

The Mammoths went on the road on Thursday evening for the first time this season against the ECSU Warriors and returned with not just another victory, but with a milestone for head coach G.P. Gromacki as well. Gromacki, in his 11th year at the helm, achieved his 300th win at Amherst.

The past two weeks have seen the Amherst women’s basketball team open what appears to be another incredibly promising season with four dominating wins. After winning last year’s NESCAC and DIII National Championship, going undefeated in the process, the Mammoths continued their winning ways with victories over Lyndon State College, Springfield College, Little Three rival Wesleyan and Emmanuel College.