The end of the semester is fast-approaching and warmer days may finally be here. Whether you just want to get off campus for the weekend or have a special celebration planned for the end of the year with friends, this is a great time to take advantage of Boston being only a few hours away and enjoy all that the city has to offer.

What To Do

“The Power” by Naomi Alderman

Reminiscent of “The Hunger Games” and “The Handmaid’s Tale,” this dystopian novel has been hailed by Margaret Atwood as “Electrifying! Shocking! Will knock your socks off! Then you’ll think twice, about everything.” “The Power” by Naomi Alderman, which was named to The New York Times Book Review’s 10 Best Books of 2017 list, centers around the question of what would happen if women suddenly had physical power over men.

What’s in a name? This question drives director Greta Gerwig in her new film, “Lady Bird.”

The film centers on the tumultuous final year of Catholic high school for Christine McPherson, who chooses to rename herself “Lady Bird” in an attempt to alter her identity.

Although the film is set in the years 2002 and 2003, the anxiety and excitement that Lady Bird feels — and actress Saoirse Ronan expertly portrays — are timeless, and they will evoke similar memories in any viewer.

A hush falls across Johnson Chapel just before Route 9’s, one of the college’s all male a capella groups, Nico Langlois ’21 belts out the final high note of “For the Longest Time.” The packed chapel then bursts into a deafening roar of applause, hollers and whistles — noise coming from every row of seats.

With six a cappella groups performing at the family weekend showcase, the consensus of those present was that this year’s event was one of the best showcases yet.

Matt Spicer’s film “Ingrid Goes West” opens with emojis and hashtags flashing across the screen, all of the ingredients for a perfect Instagram post. But when a “#perfect” wedding ends with the bride getting pepper-sprayed in the eyes, it becomes clear that this film mocks social media culture and the insincerity it creates.