In an early 2015 interview with “GQ,” Young Thug bashed older rappers by saying, “If you’re 30, 40 years old, you’re not getting listened to … I’m pretty sure Jay-Z don’t wanna rap right now.” After watching the critical acclaim pour in for Jay-Z’s “4:44” and 2 Chainz’ “Pretty Girls Like Trap Music,” he might want to consider issuing an apology.

Broadway shows are meant to dazzle and transport their viewers to another place, time or even world. However, it’s rare that they evoke emotions beyond amazement. The best works of art, whether of painting, music or theater, either make the consumer of the work feel unexpected emotions or achieve a non-superficial level of relatability. The musical “Dear Evan Hansen” does both; the audience not only feels Evan’s pain and tears up along with him, but also laughs with him when his friend makes a dirty joke.

It’s that time of the year again — awards season. Huddled in blankets to avoid the bitter cold of winter, viewers across most of the U. S. excitedly watch their stars and idols gracefully stride down the red carpets of Hollywood in 70-degree weather. Unfortunately, for those who enjoy debating the merits and detriments of each work, politics within these entertainment industries dominate the decisions of awards shows like the Oscars and Emmys.

On Nov. 15, at the tender age of 21, the rapper known as Lil Peep died on his tour bus. His tragic death, reportedly caused by an overdose, leaves the music community as a whole with more questions than answers and forces both artists and fans to reevaluate their roles and obligations to each other.

Collaboration between hip-hop artists has often led to the creation of unique and original albums. Working with another artist, regardless of their style, can elevate both parties’ performances. Artists who have similar styles can feed off of one another to create a cohesive work, while artists with contrasting styles either stick to their own approach or conform to their collaborator’s style.

On Oct. 21, 2014, Maryland-based rap- per Logic released his debut studio album, “Under Pressure.” It reached number four on the Billboard 200 and was eventually certified gold. Three years and two albums later, it remains Logic’s career-defining work and a stepping-stone to mainstream audience acceptance. Before making “Under Pressure,” Logic had released four mixtapes and achieved a cult status in the rap community, establishing an extremely devoted fan base located all over the world. These previous projects had featured his rhyming abilities and beats sampled from famous hip-hop songs.

On Aug. 25th, Lil Uzi Vert released his premier studio album, “Luv Is Rage 2.” The Philadelphia-based rapper is known for his mixtapes “Lil Uzi Vert vs. the World” and “The Perfect LUV Tape” as well as features on songs such as Migos’ chart-topping “Bad and Boujee.” “Luv Is Rage 2” spans 16 tracks, featuring the wildly popular hit “XO TOUR Llif3,” along with top streaming songs “Sauce It Up” and “The Way Life Goes.” Uzi’s signature trap beats and themes from previous projects pervade the album.