The Amherst women’s track and field team traveled to Trinity on Saturday, April 22 to compete in the Trinity College Invitational. Marking the final regular season meet before the postseason, the Mammoths had several first place finishes amongst strong competition.

In the 100-meter dash, Anna Buford ’20 and Katherine Hom ’19 finished back-to-back in 14th and 15th with times of 13.63 seconds and 14.11 seconds, respectively.

In the 200-meter dash, sophomore Rubii Tamen finished 10th with a time of 27.37 seconds.

The Amherst women’s outdoor track and field team kicked off its season this past weekend by competing at the Tufts Snowflake Classic in Medford, MA. A strong showing by many underclassmen led the Mammoths to a 14th-place finish out of a talented 22-team pool.

Amherst performed well in the sprint and mid-distance events. Anna Buford ’20 clocked in a time of 13.56 seconds to claim 16th in the 100-meter dash.

This past weekend, only one member of the Amherst women’s track and field team participated in competition. Senior Kiana Herold traveled to the Tufts Last Chance Invitational with the hope of qualifying for the NCAA Division III Championships in high jump.

With Katherine Treanor ’20 and Abbey Asare-Bediako ’18 already qualified for NCAA Division III Championships in the 5,000-meter run and triple jump, respectively, Herold sought to become the third member of the purple and white’s squad to make the trip to Illinois.

The Amherst women’s track and field team competed in the two-day Division III New England Championship at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology this weekend, finishing 11th out of a talented 29-team pool.

The squad showed well in the sprint and mid-distance events. Abbey Asare-Bediako ’18 clocked in a time of 8.09 seconds to claim ninth in the 60-meter dash. Sophmore Rubii Tamen finished 15th in the 400-meter dash with a time of 1:01.43 minutes. Julia Asin ’19 continued a strong season with her 11th place finish in the 600-meter run (1:41.97).

The beginning of February saw the Amherst women’s track and field team extend what has been a strong winter showing. The team competed in non-scoring competition this weekend at the Wesleyan University Invitational. The purple and white had a strong showing with multiple first place finishes.