Are you familiar with the process of writing an honors thesis? Perhaps you’re a regular reader of The Amherst Student’s “Thoughts on Theses” column, an underclassman curious about undertaking a capstone project or a thesis-writing senior who knows all too well the frequent advisor meetings, sleepless nights and writer’s block associated with the endeavor. You might, however, know a lot less about the Theater and Dance Department equivalent of the honors thesis.

Famed former child star Shirley Temple Black died on Monday, February 10. She was 85. She began her film career in 1932 at only three years old, starring in small, low budget features and cereal advertisements and found international fame in 1934 after signing a contract with 20th Century Fox and starring in “Bright Eyes.” “Bright Eyes” was created especially for Temple to showcase her singing and dancing talents — at only six years old, she was not only a performer for a major film studio, but a headliner! She was probably the youngest actress to have her name headlining a film.

Amherst is a small college; the student population here hovers around 1,700. That means there are slightly less than 500 people per class. Imagine if all 500 of them were biologically related to you. Five hundred siblings — and you thought your one younger brother was bad enough — creepy, right? This is the premise of writer-director Ken Scott’s “Delivery Man,” the American remake of the 2011 French-Canadian comedy “Starbuck,” also directed by Scott.