As a primary organizer for Amherst’s Spring Concert, I believe this year’s concert was an overall sucess. This year’s Spring Concert had a different setup from years past: two headliners, T-Pain and The Chainsmokers along with an opener, KYLE. The concert sold out, allowing 2,100 Amherst and Five College students to listen to the three performers. The concert began at 6 p.m. on April 25 in LeFrak Gymnasium. While some people were displeased by the early start time, many walked in to watch KYLE perform, with the rest coming in as the concert began.

Maybe I’m just a bitter person who hates any kind of romantic film, or maybe I’m just tired of the fact that the romantic movie genre has basically turned into perpetual adaptations of Nicholas Sparks novels. “The Longest Ride” is the newest in the plethora of Sparks films. What makes this film different from the others? Practically nothing. In all honesty, it really is just a different cast and a slightly tweaked familiar plotline.

Pumpkins, lizards, mice and a tattered dress are the main ingredients to a magical night with a prince — with the help of a fairy godmother, that is. The classic European folktale “Cinderella” has been told, written and filmed for ages. Perhaps the most iconic adaptation of them all is the 1950 Disney animated film “Cinderella.” Since the release of the Disney classic, the company has spent the past 65 years adapting 11 other folktales to create a Disney Princess franchise.

“House of Cards” released its third season on Feb. 27. This long-anticipated season was unveiled on Netflix, with each episode available to steam instantly. “House of Cards” produced two seasons in this fashion. Each season before the third has already taken home awards at the Emmys and Golden Globes. Since then, “House of Cards” has solidified itself as a television powerhouse, lauded by critics and viewers alike. This article does contain major spoilers from seasons 1 and 2, as well as minor spoilers from season 3.

The story of Edward Snowden provoked a whirlwind of controversy as the world watched in awe. The United States’ Big Brother-esque NSA spying program became the focus of conversation as almost every country in the world recoiled at the extent of the surveillance practices by the U.S. Citing national security, the United States continued to defend the program until the second shoe hit: The NSA had been spying on innocent Americans. When this information leaked to the public, the whistleblower was revealed to be an inside man named Edward Snowden.

Good intentions do not always equal a good movie. This is the situation with Mike Binder’s recent film, “Black or White.” This film highlights the importance of having open discussions concerning race, but it fails to meaningfully address the issues it tackles within its two-hour runtime. Binder, who both directed and wrote the film, clearly attempts to focus on race relations in the modern American society.