Q: Tell us a little bit about how you got into hockey as a youth and its role in your early life.
A: I was on skates at a young age, four or five years old. I remember my mom used to dress me in hockey equipment all wrong, with my pads in all the wrong spots. I fell in love with the game from an early age and immensely enjoyed playing my entire life. There was nothing better than going to hockey tournaments as a kid and staying in hotels with your friends and family. Those memories are definitely part of the reason I do what I do today.

Q: Tell us a little bit about how you got into soccer as a youth and its role in your early life.
A: My whole athletic experience growing up was extraordinary. It started at Winchester High School in Winchester, Massachusetts, where I was a member of two very successful teams: varsity basketball and varsity soccer. I knew from that point on that there was something I truly loved about being on a team, no matter if I was the best player or the worst player. There was something there that I wanted to share with others and be involved in for the rest of my life.

Q: Was football always your passion?
A: Football has been a passion of mine since I was child. I grew up in a very athletic family and sports were always a big part of our lives. I played football, hockey and baseball throughout high school but football was always my number one.

Q: How did you end up at Tufts?
A: I actually went to Colgate for two years before transferring to Tufts. I looked at a lot of NESCAC schools before choosing Colgate, so I was very familiar with the league.

Q: Tell us a little bit about how you got into softball as a youth and its role in your early life.