The Amherst men’s outdoor track and field team finished fourth in the Tufts Sunshine Classic last weekend at Tufts with a score of 52 points.

In the sprint events, Aziz Khan ’18 finished sixth in the 200-meter dash, with a time of 22.84 to earn three points for Amherst.

Brent Harrison ’16 took fourth in the 400-meter dash with a time of 51.22 for the purple and white.

First-year hurdler Maxim Doiron raced to a fifth-place finish in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:00.37.

The Amherst men’s outdoor track and field team competed at its own Amherst Spring Fling Invitational meet on Saturday afternoon at Pratt Field. Compiling 78 total points, the team claimed third place in a field of nine teams.

In the 100-meter dash, senior Thomas Matthew sprinted to a second-place finish with a time of 11.26 seconds,while first-year Stadtler Thompson finished in 11.40 seconds for a sixth-place finish.

The Amherst women’s outdoor track and field team placed third overall at the nine-team Amherst Spring Fling Invitational Saturday afternoon at Pratt Field.

Senior Victoria Hensley sprinted to a second-place finish in the 400-meter dash with a time of 59.48 and a fifth-place finish in the 200-meter dash with a mark of 26.86. The purple and white earned 16 points in the 800-meter run with a first-place finish from Leonie Rauls ’18 (2:20.32), a fourth-place finish from Keelin Moehl ’16 (2:21.37) and a fifth place finish from Kaeli Mathias ’18 (2:22.08).

The Amherst men’s track and field team finished their season opener at Tufts’s Snowflake Invitational in seventh place on Friday, April 1.

In the 100-meter dash, Aziz Khan ’18 finished in sixth place with a time of 11.66, an effort that earned three points for the team as a whole.

In the 200-meter dash, David Ingraham ’18 earned fourth place with a time of 23.47, which contributed five points to the team total. He also ran the 400-meter dash in which he finished in eighth place with a time of 53.35.

The Amherst women’s track and field team put on an impressive performance in the two-day DIII New England Championship at Middlebury this past weekend, finishing 24th out of the talented 31-team pool.

Pages