Heading into the NESCAC quarterfinals as the fifth seed, the Amherst Women’s Lacrosse team suffered a tough loss to fourth-seeded Colby over the weekend in Waterville, Maine. Two four-goal runs in the second half helped the Mules to an 11-3 victory over No. 12 Amherst, who also fell to No. 1 Trinity, 11-6, last Tuesday. Finishing 9-6 overall, the team hopes to receive at-large bid to the NCAA Championship tournament when the 32-team field is announced on Sunday.

Senior Captain Hilary Densen ’13 led the Amherst Women’s Lacrosse team to its third straight victory on Saturday with four goals and six assists in the Jeffs’ 16-7 win over archrival Williams.

The Jeffs’ earned their second consecutive win last Tuesday with a decisive victory over non-conference opponent Skidmore, downing the Thoroughbreds 17-5. No. 12 Amherst is now 9-4 on the season and 5-4 in NESCAC play.

Six different players scored in Saturday’s game as the Jeffs cruised to victory over Williams on Senior Day.

Senior captain Marta Randall scored with 13 seconds left in regulation to give the Amherst women’s lacrosse team a thrilling 6-5 victory over No. 17 Tufts on Saturday afternoon.

The game ended a two-game losing streak for the Jeffs, who fell to Connecticut College, 10-8, last Wednesday evening. No. 10 Amherst is now 7-4 overall and 4-4 in NESCAC play.

Krista Zsitvay ’14 opened scoring on Saturday with a free position shot just over two minutes into the first half, and classmate Alex Philie padded the lead with an unassisted score four minutes later.

The Amherst Women’s Lacrosse team scored 15 goals for the second consecutive game last week, downing Little Three rival Wesleyan, 15-6, on Tuesday. The Jeffs faced a tough loss on Saturday afternoon, however, falling to top-ranked Middlebury, 13-4. No. 10 Amherst is now 6-3 overall and 3-3 in the NESCAC, while No. 3 Middlebury maintains its undefeated streak at 10-0 overall and 7-0 in conference play.

The women’s lacrosse team jumped out to an early start in last Saturday’s match-up against Hamilton College with a goal from Meghan Mills ’15 just over a minute into the contest. Three tallies from Priscilla Tyler ‘15 and two goals each from five other players gave the Jeffs a decisive 15-6 victory over the No. 14 Continentals. The win marked No. 11 Amherst’s fourth straight victory as the team improved to 5-2 overall and 2-2 in NESCAC play.

The Amherst Women’s Lacrosse team opened its season last weekend with a pair of NESCAC games against No 7. Colby and Bates, falling 10-7 to the Mules on Saturday but coming back for an exciting 9-8 victory against the Bobcats on Sunday afternoon. The Jeffs were ranked eighth in the first Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association poll heading into the weekend, showing a promising start to the season.

Megan Doyen ’13 and Courtney Baranek ’14 netted two goals apiece on Saturday night in Amherst’s 5-1 victory over sixth-seeded Hamilton College in the NESCAC quarterfinals. With the win, the third-seeded Jeffs advance to the semifinals where they will face off against second-seeded Bowdoin, who defeated Williams, 5-3, on Saturday. Amherst is seeking its fourth conference title and the team’s first since 2010.

Pages