Men

The Amherst men’s swimming and diving team finished 11th at the 2014 NCAA Div. III Championships, which took place March 19-24 at IUPUI, wrapping up another solid season.

Senior captain Parker Moody kicked things off with a 14th place finish in the 500-yard freestyle. In the 200-yard medley relay, Matt Heise ’16, Greg Han ’17, Tyler Bulakul ’14 and Connor Sholtis ’15 earned 13th.

The Amherst men’s and women’s diving teams traveled to Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York to compete in the NCAA Regional Diving Championships from February 28 to March 1. 44 divers from the Northeast-North Region’s 65 schools competed for seven available spots in the NCAA meet. The student-athletes qualify in one of two ways: by meeting the qualifying standard twice during the qualification period or once at their conference championship meet on either diving board.

The Amherst men’s swimming and diving team traveled to Bowdoin this past weekend to race in the NESCAC championships.

In the first event, the 200-yard freestyle relay, the Jeff squad of Connor Sholtis ’15, Conor Deveney ’15, Alex Dreisbach ’17 and Tyler Hampton ’15 finished third. The Jeffs also cashed in with the 500-yard freestyle, as seven swimmers accrued 110 points, led by Parker Moody ’14 and first-year Connor Haley, who both earned NCAA ‘B’ cuts.

The Amherst women’s swimming and diving team traveled to Williams this weekend in hopes of defending their NESCAC title.

“We were really excited going into NESCACs this year,” said captain Allison Merz ’14. “Championship season is when the hard work we put in from September through January pays off, so it’s always exciting. We worked really hard this year, and we’re definitely fired up heading into the weekend.”

Men

The Amherst men’s swimming and diving teams traveled to Middlebury on Jan. 31 to participate in the two-day Middlebury Invitational against Williams, Tufts and Middlebury.

Despite the team’s inability to win any of the relay events, there were a series of impressive performances by individual Jeffs.

First-year Nick Lafky was the first to shine, finishing runner-up in the 200-yard IM. He also won the 100 and 200-yard breaststroke, which demonstrated his versatility by swimming in three different relays as well.

Men
The Amherst men’s swimming and diving team was in action three times over interterm, emerging with an overall 5-1 record.
Middlebury limped into Amherst on Dec. 7 with a 0-2 record. The Jeffs beat the Panthers handily, 183-100. First-year Greg Han’s time of 2:06.85 in the 200-yard breaststroke broke a pool record set by Williams College’s Tyler Bonewell ’09.

Despite his accomplishment, Han was focused more on the next meet against archrival Williams at home on Jan.11. “I’m excited for Amherst vs. Williams, where I can race their swimmers, not just their records.”

Men

The Amherst Men’s Swimming and Diving Team notched two more victories at Colby College and then at Wesleyan to improve to 3-0 on the season.

On Saturday, Nov. 23, the meet at Colby started off with a pleasant surprise in the 200-yard medley relay as Amherst’s “E” team won the event with a time of 1:38.47.

Amherst took the next three places as well, foreshadowing a great performance by the Purple and White.

The next two events, the 1000-yard freestyle and 200-yard freestyle, were both won by Amherst in dominating fashion.

Pages