The college announced a partnership last week with Harvard Business School’s online education program, Harvard Business X Credential of Readiness, or HBX CORe, to provide Amherst students with the opportunity to develop business skills.

Chief Communications Officer Pete Mackey announced recently that the college will launch a new website this summer with an updated layout and an increased focus on academics.

The goal of the website redesign team was to make the site useful both to off-campus users looking for general information about the college and to students looking to access specific information. For the off-campus audience, the team’s focus was to showcase the college’s merits. For students on campus, the design team sought to create a simpler and less cluttered format.

The Chainsmokers and T-Pain will headline this year’s Spring Concert, the Spring Concert committee confirmed this week. The concert will be held in LeFrak Gymnasium on Saturday, April 25, and KYLE will be the opening act.

The Association of Amherst Students introduced the 2015 Amherst Spirit Scavenger Hunt this week, part of an effort to encourage community members to attend more events, performances and games on campus. The AAS announced this initiative in a campus-wide email Tuesday.

The Mental Health and Wellness Committee recently released the results from the series of student life mental health focus groups from fall 2014. The results show that many students share similar experiences regarding issues of loneliness, belonging and social connection on campus.

Associate Professor of Mathematics Amanda Folsom is originally from Boston. She received her bachelor’s degree in mathematics from the University of Chicago and went on to obtain her master’s degree and doctorate at the University of California, Los Angeles. Folsom specializes in number theory, particularly in modular forms and mock modular forms.

The college has identified five finalists in its search for a new athletic director and will be bringing those finalists to campus over the course of the next two weeks. Amherst has been searching for a new athletic director since last February, when former athletic director Suzanne Coffey left her role in order to become the college’s first-ever Chief Student Affairs Officer.

Pages