The Amherst baseball team enjoyed several successful outings over the past week, going 3-0 against Brandeis University and Hamilton.

On Tuesday, Mar. 27, the Mammoths hosted the Brandeis Judges in a mid-week non-conference match-up.

Amherst dominated the visiting team, holding at least a three-run lead from the first inning onwards. In the 14-3 victory, the Mammoths totaled 16 hits including a homerun from senior leftfielder Ryan Hardin. Hardin had an overall stellar outing, going 2-2 with two runs scored and four RBIs.

The Amherst baseball team opened its season this past week far away from the frozen dirt of Memorial Field. Escaping the frigid temperatures of western Massachusetts, the Mammoths traveled to the southwestern coast of Florida where they played a series of eight games in just seven days.

In the penultimate weekend of regular season action, the Amherst men’s basketball team split its two away contests, falling to Tufts before besting Bates. The Mammoths, however would also fall to Wesleyan in a Tuesday evening NESCAC battle.

Tufts proved to be a significant challenge for the visiting Mammoths, who saw their four-game win streak come to an end.

The Amherst women’s volleyball team (14-9) had a successful homecoming weekend, picking up two wins and one loss during the 26th Annual Volleyball Hall of Fame Tournament at LeFrak Gymnasium.

Although the Mammoths began the tournament by losing 3-2 to Wellesley College, the hosts responded strongly on Saturday, winning against both Coast Guard Academy and Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI).

The Amherst women’s soccer team extended its win streak to four and its unbeaten streak to six with a victory over the Wesleyan Cardinals in the Mammoths’ sole match-up of the week on Saturday.

The win came at a crucial time in the season, as the Mammoths needed to top the Cardinals in order to secure a spot in the upcoming NESCAC tournament. Saturday also marked Amherst’s homecoming and the team’s Senior Day.

Amherst women’s soccer split this past weekend’s games, dropping Saturday’s match against Tufts 2-1 in overtime before bouncing back on Sunday to dominate New England College.

Against the Jumbos, Amherst was first to get on the board with Hannah Guzzi ’18 tallying her eighth goal of the season in the 79th minute of action.

Unfortunately, the Mammoths were unable to maintain the lead and the Jumbos answered with a goal of their own less than five minutes later.

The Amherst women’s soccer team suffered two in-conference loses over the past weekend in tightly contested matches against Williams on Sept. 23 and against Conn. College on Sept. 24.

In unseasonably warm temperatures for the first days of fall, the Mammoths battled through back-to-back matches on Saturday and Sunday after a week of rest from games.

First, Amherst traveled to Williamstown to take on the Ephs. Currently ranked fourth in the nation by the NCAA, Williams was a formidable foe for the Mammoths, and Amherst ultimately lost the match 3-2.

Pages